The Region's Only Nationally Accredited Preschool & Kindergarten Program
King of Kings Preschool opened its doors in September 1995 with an enrollment of 11 students. By the close of the third year, there was full enrollment. Over the years, King of Kings has grown to meet the needs of our community by adding additional classrooms, a full-court indoor gym, a second playground, a kindergarten program, an English Language Learners program, a bi-lingual Japanese-English translator, and before/after care for our students. In addition, King of Kings is the only nationally accredited preschool and kindergarten program in the area. We are honored to serve 160 students in Mason, Maineville, Loveland, Morrow, Liberty Township, South Lebanon and Lebanon.
King of Kings Lutheran Church is committed to providing a safe and loving environment for the children enrolled in our classes. Our beautiful campus also includes:
• Nine large, well-equipped classrooms
• A school library with an assortment of age-appropriate literacy materials
• An art room filled with supplies for creative exploration
• A toddler-sized outdoor play area for the younger children
• A large, outdoor playground for the older children
• Large fellowship hall for in-house field trips, group events and gatherings
• Well-maintained facility and grounds
• Computers and education software in each classroom
Our mission is to educate and nurture children in a loving, Christian environment so that they remain life-long faithful followers of Jesus and use their God-given abilities wherever He calls them. Our primary purpose is to provide the opportunity for students to find identity, purpose and power for their lives in Christ. Methods of instruction are developmentally appropriate and adjusted when possible for individual differences. Our objectives are to guide each child to:
• Recognize him/herself as a child of God
• Develop an understanding of God and His love
• Cultivate all Essential Domains of School Readiness, Birth to Age 5
• Implement each of Ohio’s kindergarten model curriculums: Mathematics, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
• Cultivate an inquiring mind and thinking skills
• Acquire knowledge and skills in the prescribed curriculums
• Experience, appreciate, and respect God’s creation
• Develop a positive self-concept
• Learn personal responsibility
• Respect the authority of home and school
• Grow caring relationships by recognizing rights, privileges, and individual differences of others
We are privileged to provide a Christian educational environment which assists parents in fostering their children’s spiritual, social, emotional, cognitive, and physical development through play and through hands-on experience. We believe in the value of diversity, which challenges students to recognize and respect the beliefs and customs of all people. King of Kings teaches and cultivates the self-discipline skills that allow one to act with responsibility and integrity within society. We want to help children live an integrated life of Christian truths and values through example, service, openness and optimism.
As a ministry of King of Kings Lutheran Church, our school is here to educate, enrich, and help each child grow to their fullest potential. Our curriculum is based on the belief that each individual child’s needs should be met academically, emotionally, physically and spiritually. We use a developmental educational philosophy which capitalizes on a children’s innate ability to learn to prepare them well for kindergarten and then first grade. More specifically, we have selected two complimentary curriculum programs for our students that integrate learning through play with faith development.
The first, Creative Curriculum, fosters open-ended, experiential play centers to help students acquire academic and social goals while accommodating students’ individual learning styles and rates. Through play, concrete manipulatives and project-based investigations, students gain confidence, creativity and critical thinking skills, which result in positive outcomes. Creative Curriculum covers 10 areas of development and learning, including broad developmental areas, content areas and English language acquisition. These 10 areas include social-emotional, physical, language, English language acquisition, cognitive, literacy, mathematics, science and technology, social studies and the arts.
While faith is often organic to our everyday actions and discussions, our faith-based curriculum also acts as a module within our daily objectives. Chapel, Bible Story Time, and classroom Bible centers support our students’ faith development, which includes learning to pray, praise and worship. Students learn about the Holy Trinity, as well as Bible Stories from the Old Testament and the life of Jesus. We emphasize His importance as our Savior and His call to love others and serve them. We encourage our students and families to join in our outreach efforts to show God’s love in a tangible way to our community.
We value becoming an extended community of faith together and provide a variety of opportunities to our families to strengthen their relationships throughout the school year, including:
• Orientation Night
• Muffins with Moms and Doughnuts with Dads
• Family Movie Night, Father-Child Game Night and Mother’s Tea
• Holiday Gatherings, including Thanksgiving Feast, Christmas Parties and Program, Valentine and Easter parties
• Literacy Week
• National Lutheran Schools Week
• Spring Clean-Up Service Event
• Spring Programs/Kindergarten Graduation
We invite your family to come grow with us!
King of Kings Preschool & Kindergarten is located at 3621 Socialville Foster Road Mason, Ohio 45040. For more information, visit www.koklcms.org and on social media, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You may also contact Director Vicky Lesiak with questions or to schedule a tour at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513.398.6089.