Mercy Health Foundation Presents “Angels Among Us,” an Evening of Celebration
Mercy Health Foundation expects nearly 600 Mercy Health supporters will attend “Angels Among Us,” a celebratory evening to honor six dedicated and selfless caregivers and volunteers with the 2015 Mercy Health Angel Award. Mercy Health will also acknowledge a key community partner.
Grammy Award-winning Platinum recording artist Amy Grant will perform individually just before 7 p.m. after being introduced by Mayor John Cranley and together with the choral groups of Mother of Mercy and McAuley High Schools at 8:20 p.m. Channel 5 reporter Tammy Mutasa will serve as the Master of Ceremonies and Channel 9’s meteorologist Steve Raleigh will lead a fun and interactive pledge rally in support of the Mercy Health Partnership Program.
The special event is on track to raise $300,000 and proceeds will benefit the Mercy Health Partnership Program, which is entering its 20th year of meeting the needs of the working uninsured or working poor who have no health insurance. The program provides its clients with a primary care physician for a $20 fee/visit. Its goals are to link individuals to a medical home and provide an affordable pharmacy benefit to ensure that patients can obtain prescribed medications. The program has enhanced clients’ overall sense of health and well-being by:
· Reducing avoidable emergency room visits
· Helping clients obtain preventive care on a regular basis
· Providing patients with much needed affordable access to medications and ongoing care management, including appropriate referrals for psycho-social needs.
In 2014, the Mercy Health Partnership Program:
· Placed 886 clients in a medical home for regular medical care across 157 primary care physician practices
· Provided 161 specialty physician referrals
· Helped 108 clients complete Medicaid or Affordable Care Act applications
· Filled 8,194 prescriptions