Castle in the Cloud
Driving Solutions at the Speed of Change
Photography by Wes Battoclette
If you are a 21st century business, success is all about speed. Change quickly with technology or get left behind.
The good news?
If you don’t have the on-staff multidisciplinary experience to implement the latest private and public cloud infrastructure and meet the accompanying challenges, take heart: RoundTower Technologies does. Now headquartered in The Tower at Kenwood Collection in Sycamore Township, the data center infrastructure and information technology consulting company offers a wide range of professional, managed and residency services, and is well-versed in providing cutting edge IT solutions.
Founders and managing partners Stephen West and Stephen Power, established RoundTower Technologies in 2007. The company ranked 57th on Forbes America’s Most Promising Companies 2015, raising revenue from $130 million in 2014 to $140 million in 2015, and they’re touting a projected (and rather impressive) $300 million in 2016.
“We’re growing so fast, we’ve added 75 people just since the beginning of the year, and we need to hire 10 to 15 more people just to stay up with the growth,” says Keith Odom, RoundTower’s Vice President of technology solutions. “We’re driving more solutions. We’re shifting into more automation, cloud and devops, where our customers need the most help.”
The company’s largest growth occurred in the middle of this year. “Q2 was the best quarter by a margin,” says Odom. “Break the numbers down and what you will find is that a lot of growth came from data analytics, cloud and devops.” And security was a big-growth area, as well.
Solution-seeking customers are reaching out to RoundTower not only from around the country, but from around the world. Ohio, however, remains their biggest market area (225 clients), followed by Florida (212) and Massachusetts (103). Odom attributes the company’s success and amazing growth to its core commitment to people and customer service. At the heart of that commitment is RoundTower’s adamant adherence to its top two long-term goals:
• Build a sustainable world-class organization that provides opportunities for individual growth, invests in staff development and provides an appropriate work/life balance.
• Deliver superior value-added services and solutions to customers by driving flawless execution and focusing on the end-customer experience.
“Our goals are instilled in everyone – management to employees – and have taken on a life of their own,” says Odom. “It’s a testament to the talent of the people we’ve hired.” Leading RoundTower’s proficient pack of (currently) 286 employees (in addition to West, Power and Odom) is the rest of the management roster:
- Gary Halloran, Managing Partner
- Kurtis Lindemann, CTO/EVP Systems Engineering
- Jonathan Koopman, CFO
Case Study: A Powerful Partner in Comprehensive Cloud Solutions
RoundTower Technologies is no stranger to working with other technology firms in its effort to meet a customer’s pressing technology integration needs. Case in point: Aero Fulfillment Services, based in Mason.
Because the fulfillment industry is full of companies offering the same services, Aero needed to develop unique digital solutions. An in-house assessment of the company’s data center, conducted by CIO Jeremy Shubert, determined that analytics, ecommerce and mobile and social solutions weren’t at the core of Aero’s business.
They needed to move its infrastructure to the cloud. Outsourcing much of its IT infrastructure would allow staff the opportunity to zero in on the digital solutions their clients needed.
Aero reached out to RoundTower Technologies for its expert information tech consulting capabilities, and to Peak 10, an IT infrastructure and cloud services provider. Together, the three companies designed optimal solutions and the best course of action for moving Aero’s data and applications to the cloud. Once that end-to-end-solution was crafted, RoundTower worked with Peak 10, efficiently migrating the virtual machines into the cloud environment, configuring the network connection features and installing the private network equipment. That produced cost savings and a new, profitable line of digital solutions for Aero to offer its customers.
On The Move
RoundTower Technologies is currently kicking its strategies into high gear from its beautiful new Kenwood digs. “We moved in on August 8,” says Odom. “It’s 33,000 square feet. It’s beautiful – plenty of meeting areas for customers and executive briefing centers. We’re very excited about the move.”
Other recent jewels in the system integrator’s corporate crown:
- Named to the CRN 2106 Triple Crown (Service Provider 500, Fast 150 and Tech Elite 250) for the third year in a row.
- Successfully completed the Service Organization Control (SOC) 2 Type 1 audit, verifying that RoundTower’s information security practices, policies and procedures meet the SOC 2 trust service criteria for security, availability and confidentiality. The examination was performed by Shellman & Company, an independent CPA firm. They will undergo the SOC2 Type 2 audit in the first quarter of 2017.
- Selected as one of Enquirer Media’s Top Workplaces, a list of the best places to work in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky, for third straight year. The evaluation is based on anonymous surveys completed by an organization’s employees.
RoundTower Technologies is located at 5905 East Galbraith Road, Suite 3000, Cincinnati, OH 45236. For more information, call 888.679.0752, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roundtower.com.